I don’t actually know if there’s anyone reading this, guys I have actually been given a lot of messages from guys asking me to come back, it’s really sweet of you, but guys it’s not gonna happen. I do play CP, (okay, about once a fortnight), but I still play. I am not offering to meet anyone but I just wanna let you guys know that I am out there. :)
It’s not that I grew out of blogging, I grew out of CP blogging. I still have a very popular website which is http://theorlandoguide.net which I’d appreciate if you’d visit, and if possible click on my adverts. It’s a small pleasure, if you click it earns me a minute amount of money. Not much, but hey. I am moving on to do bigger and better things with life. If I die, or go to hospital I will let you all know, but it’s mainly my Twitter. http://twitter.com/olihj, if you’re not following and listing me there, I suggest you do to be up to date with my stuff. I have just over 19,000 tweets (as of mid-late April ’09) and over 700 followers and I appreciate to see you there.#
The reason why I posted this (if you are even reading…) is because well, it’s nearly been a year. Yeah, *gasps* I know, it was middle-ish, end-ish May I quit, it’s coming towards the middle-ish, end-ish of April now, 2010. So if you care, if there’s anyone reading – this is what I’ve done from then, to now. Of course I’ve had several blogs. I can’t live without blogging. ;)
- Okay, so in May when I quit – pretty much soon after, in late/mid June I started up iMmopuk’s Daily News (http://idailynews.blogspot.com), it was an unmittigated failiure (is it still there, dunnoh…) and it didn’t last a month even, lol.
- So then in mid July I started up GuideFlorida again, which I registered in Jan ’09, but never used. I ran that with Florida posts, for a while. Of course, I actually went to Orlando, Florida in the August.
- I continued with that until about October, November 2009 when I continued with GuideFlorida, but… I did real-life blog posts.
- In mid-December 2009 I had got bored, and lacked enthusiasm with posting, and that went down the drain.
- 2 days after that I started up on the CP bandwagon again and made http://thefunnypenguin.wordpress.com (now deleted) which had CP funny pictures. It was popular, but it didn’t last long, until late December. Yeah, shorter than the News blog.
- On the same day, I came back to GuideFlorida, but I realised that it wasn’t about Florida really, more Orlando – and that was my specialised area, so yes, I started it again, but with a new name ‘The Orlando Guide’ but with the http://guideflorida.wordpress.com domain.
- In mid-January 2010, I brought a domain through WordPress, still using their service, but I brought a .net domain, hence the site becoming http://theorlandoguide.net.
- That lasted for a fair while, I revamped practically everything, but I wanted and needed more and to be stretched, so in mid-March 2010, I went self-hosted. It was a FAILIURE. So I cancelled it and I stopped. No blog.
- But, in very late March 2010, I found a great site to help me with the self-hosted process, and bing-baddley, wow, transferred the domain and went self-hosted using wordpress.org, still under the name http://theorlandoguide.net.
- And then, my uncle and I (mostly me, eh hem) did the designing and my uncle did the behind-dah-scenes techhy stuff and it got looking and going great, then I introduced adverts and that’s where I am now!
I have twittered the whole way (since 28th February, 2009) and there’s been up’s and downs, and that’s my past year, blogging wise. I plan to stretch The Orlando Guide further, by hopefully doing an eBook, a podcast, an iPhone/iTouch (and now iPad app), merchandise store and much more by mid-2012. It may seem a long way away, but these things take time. And this is the proffession I want to be when I’m older. A travel writer/blogger, tecchy guru.
So, that’s my journey. Feel free to comment if you’re not a spam bot and you are reading this. Okay, take care all.
-Oli (or Mmopuk as you knew me!)
P.s: This site’s CSS expires at the end of the month (just before), so that’s why it’ll look different.